Belt & Bruner, P.C., provides legal help to those injured through no fault of their own in Mobile and surrounding areas in Alabama. We put the full extent of our skill, experience and resources into every case we handle, and we are firmly dedicated to seeking maximum compensation for our clients.
See Our Reviews, or Leave Us Your Review
Call an Experienced Mobile, AL Personal Injury Lawyer Today. We Know How to Help You.
Our record includes over 40 cases in which our attorneys have obtained a verdict or settlement worth $1 million or more, and 15 cases with a result of $4 million or more. We seek maximum compensation in every case we handle.
We provide legal help to accident and injury victims in a wide variety of practice areas, including car, truck and motorcycle accidents. We also handle slip-and-fall, workplace accident and defective product cases. We understand the tremendous toll that these accidents exact on victims and their families. We work hard to secure funds that will make them whole again.
To learn how we can serve you in your Mobile accident case, call us today at our toll-free number or fill out our online form. A Mobile, AL personal injury lawyer will be available to meet with you and provide a free review of your case.
Common Car Accidents and Injuries in Mobile
Our firm has extensive experience with handling car accident cases. These are among the most common injury-producing accidents in the state.
In 2011 alone, more than 9,750 car accidents occurred in the city of Mobile, resulting in 2,290 personal injuries and 18 deaths, according to the University of Alabama’s Center for Advance Public Safety (CAPS). In Mobile County in 2011, there were 13,187 car crashes resulting in 3,627 people injured and 66 killed.
The overwhelming majority of these accidents result from human error. In fact, CAPS reports that only 20 of the 127,683 total car accidents in Alabama in 2011 were not related to driver error. Among the most frequent driver errors causing car crashes are tailgating (following too closely), failure to yield right of way, driving under the influence (drunk and drugged driving) and fatigued driving. CAPS also estimates that distracted driving played a role in at least 125 fatalities, 4,000 injuries and 15,000 crashes in Alabama in 2011.
Other common causes of injuries in Alabama include:
- Motorcycle Accidents – These often occur because the car driver either did not see the motorcycle or simply did not respect the motorcyclist’s rights. Nearly 2,000 motorcycle accidents occurred in Alabama in 2011, including 97 that resulted in deaths.
- Truck Accidents – Commercial motor vehicle (CMV) accidents are frequently caused by driver error, such as impaired driving, fatigued driving and distracted driving. Defective equipment, cargo shifts and cargo spills can also lead to crashes. In 2011, nearly 7,000 accidents on Alabama roads involved a delivery truck, tow truck, work truck or large commercial motor vehicle (18 wheelers or tractor-trailers).
- Construction / Workplace Accidents – All too often, construction workers are injured in accidents caused by faulty equipment, inadequate supervision or improper training. These include incidents involving falls from scaffolds or ladders, being struck by falling objects and getting hit by motor vehicles on the job site such as trucks and forklifts.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Slip-and-fall accidents kill thousands every year and result in many more injuries. Among older adults, especially, a fall can result in serious injury, including hip fractures, traumatic brain injury (TBI) and back and spinal cord injury.
- Faulty Product Liability Accidents – Defective industrial equipment, faulty medical devices, dangerous drugs and unsafe motorized equipment harm thousands every year. Manufacturers and distributors are legally obligated to provide products that are reasonably safe when used as intended. They should be held liable when they do not.
These accidents can lead to expensive medical treatment, including emergency services, operations, rehabilitation and therapy and medication. At Belt & Bruner, P.C., we understand how the situation can become worse for victims and their families when the injury renders the victim unable to work. That’s why we are dedicated to fighting for those who suffer this physical, emotional and financial harm through no fault of their own.
Let a Mobile Personal Injury Lawyer in Our Firm Help You
If you or a loved one of yours in the Mobile area has suffered losses due to another’s careless acts, you have a right to seek compensation for your losses. At Belt & Bruner, P.C., our personal injury attorneys want to make sure you get the full amount you need and deserve.
Alabama law generally requires that a victim bring a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the accident or when the injury was discovered. So, it’s important to take action right away. You don’t want to lose your right to seek compensation.
Contact our personal injury lawyers today at our toll-free number or through our online form. We provide free initial consultations. We can explain your legal rights and options and get started on your case right away.
Last updated: April 7, 2015