If you are a Montgomery resident who has been hurt through no fault of your own, the Belt & Bruner, P.C., is available to help you. We can provide a free review of your case. If you have a legal claim against another person or entity, we can marshal our skill, experience and resources to seek compensation to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and other losses. Learn more by calling us today at our toll-free number or contacting us online.
A Montgomery, AL Personal Injury Lawyer with Experience to Help You
In over 40 cases, our attorneys have obtained a verdict or settlement worth $1 million or more, including 15 cases with a result of $4 million or more. We seek maximum compensation in every case we handle.
Montgomery, Alabama’s second-largest city and the state capital, is a seat of government and a commercial hub at the center of a metropolitan area populated by some 374,500 people. Given its large population and daily activity, it’s not surprising that accidents injure thousands in the Montgomery area every year.
These accidents involve cars, trucks and motorcycles. They include slip and falls in retail parking lots and injuries at construction sites and other workplaces. They also frequently involve injuries caused by defective products.
See Our Reviews, or Leave Us Your Review
Common Accidents and Injuries in Montgomery and Alabama
At the Belt & Bruner, P.C., we pursue compensation for those who are injured by the negligence or recklessness of others, including careless individuals, companies and government entities. This compensation is aimed at making you whole again. In some cases, punitive damages may be sought to punish and deter egregious misconduct.
We understand that this money is important for our clients. After all, even a minor accident can lead to expensive medical treatment and extensive time away from work while recovering. These costs should be covered by the at-fault party’s insurance or other resources.
Accidents cause a variety of minor and severe injuries, including but not limited to:
- Contusions (bruises)
- Lacerations (cuts)
- Fractures (broken bones)
- Soft tissue injury
- Internal organ injury
- Head and traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Back and spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Loss of limbs (amputation).
In many cases, these injuries are caused by car accidents. In fact, there were 2,553 people injured and 32 killed in car crashes in Montgomery County in 2011, according to the University of Alabama’s Center for Advance Public Safety (CAPS). In the city of Montgomery alone, there were 7,715 car wrecks in 2011 that resulted in 2,406 personal injuries and 20 deaths.
The majority of these accidents are caused by careless driving such as tailgating, failing to yield, driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while fatigued or asleep at the wheel. The 2011 Traffic Crash Facts report authors also estimated that at least 15,000 car wrecks, 125 fatalities and 4,000 injuries in Alabama were caused by distracted driving.
In addition to car accidents, Montgomery residents may be injured in:
- Truck Accidents – There were 6,927 truck crashes in Alabama in 2011, which caused 92 deaths and 1,715 injuries. Truck drivers cause accidents by such recklessness as impaired driving, distracted driving and fatigued / drowsy driving. Cargo shifts and spills and defective equipment also commonly cause commercial motor vehicle (CMV) crashes.
- Motorcycle Accidents – The 1,925 motorcycle accidents reported in Alabama in 2011 resulted in 1,438 personal injuries and 97 fatalities. Many of these accidents are caused by a car driver failing to see the motorcycle or failing to safely share the road with it.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Slip-and-fall and tripping accidents that occur at retail stores, government buildings and private homes can result in serious injury or death. Alabama premises liability laws say that property owners may be held liable for any injury caused by unsafe conditions on their premises.
- Workplace / Construction Accidents – Construction work can be dangerous. Falls from ladders and scaffolding often occur as well workers being struck by objects, getting hit by forklifts and other vehicles and being hurt by faulty equipment.
- Faulty Products Accidents – Manufacturers and distributors of products like industrial equipment, power tools and equipment, medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs are legally obligated to ensure that their products are safe when used as directed. When products are not safe, it’s proper to hold those responsible for them accountable.
Our Lawyers Help Montgomery Personal Injury Victims
We are proud of a record that includes more than 40 cases in which we have secured a recovery worth $1 million or more, including 15 cases with a result of $4 million or more.
Alabama law places a two-year statute of limitations on most personal injury lawsuits. So, it is important to take legal action without delay. Get started by calling us today at our toll-free number or submitting our online form. Our initial consultations are always free.
Last updated: April 7, 2015